If you have academic training or a professional background in education, guidance, social work or physical education, apply to join our Club today.
We accept resumes for open positions only. We kindly ask that you do not call or email. We receive hundreds of resumes each month and regret that we cannot speak to each applicant personally. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted.
All employees are subject to pre-employment background checks including fingerprints and pre-employment drug testing.
Youth Development Professional
Hours: Part-time (max 25 hours a week)
The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of West Chester/Liberty is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible citizens. The Boys & Girls Club of West Chester/Liberty provides a safe and nurturing environment for children and teens to learn and grow. To better enrich the lives of children and youth we offer programs and services in five core areas: character and leadership; education and career development; health and life skills; the arts; and sports, fitness and recreation.
Develops, implements, supervises, and evaluates children and daily programs (such as education, special education, social recreation, arts and crafts, and physical education).
• Coordinates program services and cooperative learning activities for members and visitors that are both fun and instructional.
• Supervises members in the program area; ensures safety of members, positive values, and ethical behavior through quality in programs and appearance of the unit at all times.
• Ensure that members are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities and receive guidance and constructive feedback to develop skills in program area(s).
• Ensure a healthy and safe environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained.
• Inventories all supplies necessary for program and submits requisitions for reordering.
• Maintains administrative reports and submits them in a timely manner.
• Establishes positive relationships with children, their parents and/or guardians.
• Maintain open communications with Club staff to discuss issues, share information and interpret and explain organizational mission and values, priority outcomes, and program objectives and standards.
• Adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of youth development with a minimum of two years experience in youth programs.
• Ability to motivate children and youth, and manage behavior problems in a positive manner.
• Ability to deal with school officials, teachers and the general public in a professional, courteous manner.
• Ability to plan and implement quality age-appropriate programs for children and youth.
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
• Good communication skills, both written and oral.
• Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications.